Saturday, December 27, 2008

The last holiday hoorah of 2008

Today my family - sisters, their husbands, adult children, and grandchildren, plus my mother - gathered at my house for our annual holiday get together. The tables were laden with food. This year we started a few hours after lunch so we went for light finger foods. There were ham finger rolls, shrimp and cocktail sauce, vegetables and dip, strawberries grapes cheese and crackers, creme horns sliced up, salsa and tortillas, mexican dip and tortillas, fudge, pecan squares, brownies, and so much more. We also had a Yankee Swap aka Chinese Auction. 25 people, two of the ages of 3 and 5. Nephew is visiting from SC where he attends the College of Music. Very talented. Teaches guitar and rhythm to youngsters! His videos and music can be found at www.gregoryguaymusic.com. He will be performing locally while he is visiting Maine in a scholarship fundraiser. The fundraiser is an annual event to raise money for a scholarship in memory of his brother. As I think back on who was here today, I realize what a talented group of nieces and nephews I have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment